Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What is wrong with my legs?

Okay, I know. I said no "before" pictures. But I changed my mind. Here I am: pre-workout challenge.

LOLZ. But I did buy a Jillian Michael's Wii game for $5. I don't recommend it. Or at least not used... it's not working, & my vocal chords get more of a workout than anything else. New year's resolution: work on my habit of shouting at inanimate objects. (Turns out there's a 2011 version, which is probably tots awesome. Mine's a super old 2009 used version.)

* * *

Bam. Did it. Two days of Jillian's 30 Day Shred, Level 1. The best part? The last two minutes--no, no. Not the cool-down stretching. The last two minutes of cardio. When my body is finally like, "Oh, cool. So this is what we're doing. We're working out now. Right on." And then I dominate pretend jump rope exercise.

The workout is split into three circuits: 3 minutes of strength + 2 minutes of cardio + 1 minute of abs. According to Jillian, that knot in your stomach during that last, third minute of abs is "fear leaving the body." I think it's a pile of Christmas candy, holding on for dear life.

* * * 

Okay, I've never really been flexible. At a sports physical before my freshman year of high school, the doctor actually said, "No, seriously. Try to touch your toes." So, maybe this isn't surprising... but it's super weird: the stretching after the workout is the most painful part. I need to somehow find time to also be doing yoga--need to open my body back up & be able to sit with my legs straight. Before my muscles finish atrophying.

* * *

-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment