Monday, January 7, 2013

Take that, week one!

Man, I feel good. I haven't skipped a day, largely thanks to Chloe. She reminds me that "Jillian wouldn't approve of a day off." It hurts, but it's starting to feel like a really nice routine--time to think, time to feel like I'm doing something with Chloe even though we're not together.

I keep waking up early to work out, then going back to sleep. My workouts happen at around 10 p.m, but I'm enjoying that, actually. I'm just letting myself go with that instead of forcing myself to follow the "start your day right with exercise" ideology. I want the "start the day with a big ass mug of coffee & some time reading in bed" kind of morning.

I also keep eating a lot of chocolate. I keep telling myself I need to finish all the Christmas candy before it goes bad. Does a Whitman sample even go bad? Probably not, but I'll eat a lot of it just in case. And then, after a long first day of classes, I let us slip back into a habit of frozen pizza. "Just this once," I say. "Because we ran out of coffee this morning & I want something quick so I don't have to think about anything else."

So, for this week: exercise success. Next week: less sugar + better diet success.

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment